A really short message this time since I need to be sleeping already. I just wanted to give a sign of life.
I've been very busy this week. I tried studying a bit and it worked out quite okay. Not too difficult what I did, because I tried more difficult things and it didn't go well, so I decided to do the simple things first. Besides that, I did a lot of sewing. I am trying to get another jeans finished for my trip, and I think I will get them ready in time. Worked way too long on them today and got quite a bit done. Tomorrow there will be class again so I guess after this weekend it will be done and I will even be able to wash it before I travel to Düsseldorf for my first night.
Yesterday I had an appointment with my mentor and a physiotherapist. I thought it was only going to be the three of us, talking about my study, but apparently that was not the case. I was so nervous for hours, and then found out it was just a meeting with different doctors, one speech therapist and one Mensendieck therapist. They get together every once in a while to talk about their work with musicians and dancers. Yesterday we went to a place called Klimmen. The physiotherapist who is going to help me with my research (he will do all the measurements) has his practice there. He just opened it last year and treats many professional athletes and dancers over there. He was a dancer and dance teacher before as well, so he knows a lot about the profession. He also knows exactly how dancers react to things and I think he is perfect for helping me with my research, because he knows all the important things about dancers. I am hoping, after I've finished my masters, that I can get a job over there. Working with dancers has been the reason for me to start studying physiotherapy and after that movement sciences. I always felt I wanted to be more than 'just' a dance teacher and I really hope I can find a job in this area after I've finished my movement sciences master.
On Tuesday I had therapy as usual. We talked about my upcoming trip and I was advised to not do to much anymore this week, so I can save up some energy for the trip. Of course, I've been a bad girl and worked too hard on my jeans, but I am hoping I might finish them tomorrow, so I can rest a lot this weekend and just pack my things and do nothing else. We will see how it goes. She also told me to just enjoy all of it and even though I should rest enough, she said she can understand that I want to see a lot of the cities and might do too much. I told her probably I need another week or so to get back on track afterwards, but that is okay. So I will not think too much about things I should do and should not do and just enjoy all of it. I am really counting the days now and get more butterflies in my stomach with each day. I hope I am not expecting too much...
My therapist told me to try and start packing already, and make a list so I can cross things off it when I packed them. That way, I might stay calm and relaxed. Yesterday I wrote a list, but I have the feeling I am missing things on it. Can't think of anything though. I did not pack anything yet, but tried to find my passport and luckily found it. Just in case. I have an ID card with me anyway. Tomorrow I need to do some serious ironing, I think I have saved laundry waiting to be ironed for about three weeks now. Of course I won't do all of it at once, but I need to start tomorrow so I can be finished on Monday. And I should decide on which clothes I want to bring. I checked temperatures in Helsinki every day this week and it seems it will be around 10 degrees Celsius during the day. Need to bring a warm coat and sweaters, that's for sure!
Now it's really, really time for bed. Good night to all of you and sweet dreams, or: Kauniita unia!
No comments:
Post a Comment