Yeah! Yesterday I worked hard on my research protocol again, just to do the finishing touch. All lay out stuff is now done, spelling check is done, I read the website of the medical ethical committee and e-mailed one of the people who work there to ask if there was anything else I needed to hand it except for the actual protocol and letters, patient information (all the stuff I wrote). Did not get an answer yet, but as soon as I know it's all complete I will send it in after letting my mentor sign all the stuff. I have to send it by snailmail anyway so it is easier to go to Maastricht for that instead, will be faster to bring it to her, let it sign and then bring it to the METC.
So today I had sort of a day off since all is done for now (well, I have to actually start writing my thesis but I thought I could have a day off before I start that). I walked to the building where they drew my blood for the tests they are going to do to see if my muscle tiredness has something to do with missing minerals/vitamins. I can call them in five working days for the answer, so that will be next Wednesday. I am curious if anything will show up.
The walk was nice, snow everywhere and the sun was shining very brightly. I wished I brought my sunglasses but in the end it was just nice to feel the sun on my skin. It is very cold though, the coldest it has ever been in March apparently. Very cold for Dutch people at least, it's of course nothing compared to Finnish cold.
Back home I finished the back part of my sister's sweater and continued with the sleeves. Getting closer to the end now and I am happy about it, I want to try something new with the socks and this is just really boring to knit. I really hope she likes it though!
Yesterday in the afternoon I continued working on my neon yellow summer skirt (it's covered with black lace, don't worry) and I am glad to say it is also almost done. I had some inspiration for my Lizzy Borden shirt so I would love it if I can go and work on that one soon. Which reminds me I have to go to the market place tomorrow to buy some red stretchy fabric and not forget to also buy some metal rings for the skirt. The skirt only needs to be decorated a bit now, still quite a lot of work but the end is in sight.
Still no news from not-my-Finn and I want to write him, but I decided that I will wait until I sent in the protocol because that is really something to tell and something I am proud of when it happens, so I want to share it with him. He has been quite supportive with my studies so he'd probably like to hear how it is going. I am really wondering what he is doing now. Still working on the album or working on the video clip maybe. I remember him telling me he was checking out video clips from many artists to get some ideas and get inspired for their videoclip. I wonder which song will be the chosen one for the first single.
I've been downloading old sci-fi and fantasy movies lately and watched The Dark Crystal yesterday and today Flash Gordon. Both fun to watch. I also watched some really old Rutger Hauer movies and I especially liked him in Turks Fruit (Turkish Delight). He is acting very well in that one I think. Also saw Spetters and Soldaat van Oranje (Soldier of Orange). Still the one that impressed me most is Turks Fruit, just because of his character in there and how he matches with the girl, they really seemed to be so in love. I remember wishing I had a great love like that, it lifts you up and makes you forget all your responsibilities (not always good) and nothing in the world can get you down.
After I've gone to the market tomorrow I will have to look into the mirror again and tell myself I can do it. It really worked wonders and I need to start writing my thesis because I want to go to Finland so badly. I need to finish this thesis as fast as I can so I can hopefully spend the summer there. Getting kind of late already. I think it is time for me to go watch some bad tv show in bed and go to sleep early.
No comments:
Post a Comment