I woke up this morning because my phone was buzzing. Very unexpected, but I got another message from my Finn and it was such a lovely surprise to hear from him so soon again. I am really counting the days until I can get on the plane. Not on the one to Denmark, although it will be great again to see my good friends and to see another Sonata Arctica show, but mostly the one to Helsinki.
So many fun things ahead of me, it's hard to focus on the things I need to do before I go there. Since today started with such a nice surprise I was all happy and made a good breakfast shake. I decided to work a bit more on a fake-leather pants I want to get done before I leave. I had some ideas in mind and I have to say they are starting to look awesome. The only bad thing about using fake-leather (or real leather, for that matter) is that this material sticks to the sewing machine and therefore all the stitches turn out much smaller than they are supposed to. I need to figure out how to make it less sticky next time. Maybe I could use some baby powder or something to make it slide more easily along the machine. Food for thoughts.
My sister called me again today and she sounded much happier. Still quite sad but she is finally seeing that she will be better off without her now ex-boyfriend. I wish she had seen the light years ago, I hated to see her all afraid and obedient all the time. There were times when they were very happy together of course, but they never lasted long. I hope she will stay strong and find her happiness!
As written in my previous post I did not cancel the Mexican restaurant this time and my friend and I had really nice taco crisps with guacamole and garlic sauce for starters. I also secretly took some bites from a banana until I ate half of it. Of course you should not bring your own food to a restaurant but I really needed to eat some banana just to make sure my stomach would not overreact immediately. It worked. For the main course we decided to take chicken fajitas and they were lovely as always! I mean, I had better Mexican food but this one is the only restaurant in the area so I'll take what I can get. Thinking of great Mexican food brings me back to Miami...
In Miami, two years ago, my friend and I discovered the Nexxt Café. It was quite a cheap restaurant but the food was amazing. I never tasted such great burritos as over there. They had one on the menu called the Monster Burrito. I had to try that one of course. After the first night we had dinner there we went back almost every day. And I always had the Monster Burrito. I still think about it and wished many times I was in Miami to taste it again. One day I will go back there to have dinner. And to have breakfast at Maxine's on Collins Avenue. They had this giant breakfast dish, called the Hungry Man's Platter. It was very tasty, with two strips of bacon, two eggs anyway you like it, toast, fresh fruit, two delicious buttermilk pancakes with maple syrup and country potatoes with a bit of veggies mixed with them. Best breakfast I ever had.
This week when I was craving food again, I was checking how much it would cost to fly to Miami. Imagine my surprise when I found out a return ticket on a certain date in March was only €379. I know I need to save money at the moment, but wouldn't it be a nice gift to myself for graduating to go to Miami for a week, having the best dishes again, swimming in the sea, lying at the beach or pool and go shopping? I will think about this. Maybe I'd rather go back to Finland when the time comes, but my friend who traveled with me last time really wants to go back as well so I think we need to make a girlie holiday out of this again some day. Maybe next year in March we can both afford to go. The weather would be great around that time as well.
Dreaming about all this delicious food, I almost forget to write how the dinner ended: I had no stomach troubles at all! This morning, thinking I was all cured, I cleaned the bathroom and kitchen. In between I made a nice salad for myself, I sure could use some veggies after the last two weeks. During the bathroom cleaning my stomach started to ache badly again and I had to quit cleaning and lie down. So still need to clean the floor, but that's about it. Not completely healthy yet, but I am getting there at least. I guess it's important as well to get enough sleep, so time to go to bed now!
No comments:
Post a Comment