Sunday, February 3, 2013

From Tampere/Helsinki With Love

At the moment I'm in my studio apartment in Helsinki. It's really nice and everything I need is here. Yesterday I went out for some grocery shopping so I can make a nice breakfast later. I noticed everything is so expensive, but I guess all the things I needed were imported and of course it's much further to Finland than to the Netherlands. I got some strawberries, oranges, salad, tomatoes, eggs and bacon so I think I can survive for a few days.

I am hoping I can book another few days at this apartment because I really don't want to leave yet and I checked my university e-mail and since I did not hear anything yet from the ballet school I am waiting to get approval from, I can't do anything anyway. A good reason to enjoy this great city some more, and of course the company I'm having here!

Let's go back to Tampere. We arrived there around 2.30 in the morning, walked to my friend's home and talked for a while, until her other friend could take the bus home. Slept very well that night, since I was exhausted, and the next day we got some Chinese food at a place close by. It was delicious, although I was missing any kind of vegetables. Yeah, I am really missing those by now, so I am glad I can now cook for myself.

In the evening my friend decided to show me the nightlife of Tampere. We went to a nice little bar called Hälläkellari (if I'm spelling it right) and it turned out to be karaoke night. Of course I dragged my friend on the stage to do some songs. We ended up picking Paparazzi from Lady Gaga since we thought it would fit our constant Sonata-stalking. After that I did Sleeping Sun from Nightwish and got some fans. They came asking at our table if I would do some more songs, so I got back on stage and did Bring me to life from Evanescence. At the end of the evening we did a Finnish song from Teräsbetöni, after all I need to practice my pronunciation!

The next day I met up with another friend from Finland. She lives about 150kms away from Tampere and came by bus around noon. We met up at the hotel she booked for us and got rid of our stuff. We planned a day full of shopping but somehow the shops didn't agree with us. Fashion is terrible at the moment. I could not find anything I liked. I love all the neon stuff that's been a hit since last year, but somehow all designs were ugly. I ended up buying a hairband and that was about it.

We bought some ciders at Alko and decided we were too lazy to go out that night. Instead we stayed in our room, watching bad movies and talking a lot. I think it was the best choice to make as we had so much fun and really got to know each other a bit better. The next morning we took breakfast at the hotel and left our things there for another round of shopping. We didn't check one part of town yet. Finally I found some nice things. I bought really nice ankle boots with studs and a black jeans with the whole side covered in studs. The zipper was completely loose on one side, I think the threads had broken or something, but it was the last one in that size so I got a nice discount. We decided it would be nice to eat some Mexican food and went to Amarillo. The food was good, although way too much and I felt like you could roll me back to the hotel. We were both getting sleepy and decided to walk back to the hotel to get our things. My friend walked to the bus station and I went back to my other friend who lives in Tampere.

In the evening we went to Jack the Rooster, as we had been wanting to go there for a few days now. It was quite fun there, although I must say I prefer Hällä. We did some more karaoke there, and went home quite early. The next day our bus to Helsinki would leave at twelve and we still had to pack some things.

The busride went well, I dozed off a few times and listened to music the whole ride. In Helsinki we tried to find out where we were exactly. It was much easier than we thought but it took us a while to find our hotel Radisson Blu Royal. Our room looked great and we did some shower and make-up session already for the show. We also went out to get some nice drinks and food and made it nicely on time to get a front row spot at the Sonata gig at Virgin Oil. Once we had our spots of course I had to leave to find another friend. I found him and it was really nice to see him again. Unfortunately the guy I planned to meet there I did not find. I sent him a message but he only saw it after the show. At least he was patient enough to wait for me and it was so great to see him again. We kept staring into each other's eyes and my stomach was doing gymnastics moves all the time.

It was so hard not to kiss him but I did not want to make my friend feel uncomfortable, so I didn't. After the show a few bandmembers came out from backstage and told us they were leaving for Bäkkäri bar. Of course going there had always been our plan but it's much more fun to go with a bigger group. The show was nice by the way, but there's not that much to say about it since we already saw the same setlist for so many times now. I must say that it's getting boring, I really hope they will change it soon! Luckily the sound over here was much better than in Denmark, although I sometimes had trouble hearing the keyboard.

Bäkkäri bar was crowded as always. As I went to order a drink I noticed a guy who looked very familiar. As I looked again at him, I recognized him as Esa from Amorphis. Next to him were Niklas and Jan. Too bad not the whole band was there, but funny how you can just walk into them over here. Looking around I also saw members of Stratovarius and of course Sonata and Battle Beast (who had watched the show). I also saw another familiar face and it was a friend from my ex-boyfriend, a girl who lives in Helsinki since 1,5 years now. I met her a few times before that and it was so nice to see her again. She is my example in that you can very well move to another country and be happy there.

I was glad there were so many familiar faces because I knew my friend would have some more people to talk to except for me. Finally I got to kiss my Finn and it was great. He said the nicest things to me and everything I feared before just went away. I was so afraid one of us would not be into the other person anymore, or it would be awkward or something, but it all seemed perfect. He spent the night at our hotel room and although I had an amazing time I regret that I did that my friend. She must have had a terrible night being there with two people who cannot keep away from each other. I really was planning on behaving very well but my god that was too hard.

We got up for breakfast in time the next morning and it was a good one! So many choices of food and all tasty! I went for a healthy breakfast since I am eating too much junkfood over here. Back in our room it was again so hard to keep away from my Finn and my friend got a bit annoyed by it and left the room. I felt bad about it but it is so hard to not even be allowed to kiss. I know those sounds are very annoying, especially when you want to sleep. Well she sent me a message saying she was sorry, and was having a coffee so we could have some time alone. So sweet of her! I apologized to her or course later that day.

We talked about many things and I like that we are different but also have some things in common. And he is the perfect gentleman holding the door open for me, holding my coat so I can put it on, being very polite. I am really falling hard for him.

The rest of the day my friend and I spent at Hard Rock Café with another friend and one of the bandmembers of Sonata. We started with a nice cocktail of raspberries and continued with cider, while having a nice meal there. The rest of the band and part of the crew came over as well to have dinner and soon after that they had to leave for the train to Russia. We decided that evening to get some food and take it to our room. We hadn't slept that well so went to sleep pretty early. I slept wonderful again!

The next morning it was time for a delicious breakfast again. Soon after that it was time to pack. We could leave our stuff at the hotel and walked in the city a bit, checking out some shops. We ended up buying matching necklaces with the first letter of our name. I got an L and my friend a D. Took a few pictures with our new necklaces and it is so nice to have such a good friend you can do crazy stuff with. We found another accesories shop and I got a pair of earrings in the shape of zippers, a few bracelets, a cute lace mask and another hairband. Luckily it's sale everywhere!

Around 3 o'clock my friend had to leave for Tampere. I am sad she is gone, but I am hoping I can go visit her soon. If I stay a bit longer over here I might be able to travel back to her and stay for another few days. It would be great fun again, I am sure!

But for now, I want to stay in Helsinki, meet up with my Finn and have some romantic moments before I have to leave again. Yesterday evening we went out for dinner, talked a lot and decided to check out a bar. However, since it was so crowded everywhere and so loud, it was not possible to really talk and hear each other, so I invited him to my place instead. We talked a lot about his job, since that is such a huge and important part of his life and I really like to hear more. He spent the night here and although I hardly slept, my head too full of things to be able to relax, I feel great. His scent is still here, and I am glad I like it. One of my friends and I talked about this. If the scent is not right, somehow it will never work out and you'd better run away haha. Well he chose completely right by himself. I miss him already. He had to leave for work this morning and I really did not want to let him go.

So now I am lying here in bed thinking about all that happened and writing it down. I wish I could stay here forever. Love is a wonderful thing. I hope it will work out for us. I will do anything to make it happen.










No comments:

Post a Comment