Thursday, December 6, 2012

Party Preparations And Thesis Stress

On Tuesday I had my birthday. I got so many messages on Facebook from my friends, it was heart warming. I even got a message from the guy I really like so butterflies were all over the place. I wonder if he knows how much that meant to me.

Most of the day pretty much sucked because I had an appointment with my mentor about my thesis and of course I was nervous like always. She read everything I wrote so far and had some corrections. Some of them are really big so I started panicking immediately and I hope I can manage to finish everything before next week on Friday because that's when I have to hand it in. I try to do something every day, started yesterday already with working on it and stopped as soon as my brain did not process anything anymore. I managed to do something though and I hope today I can do something more.

After the meeting I went into the city to buy some ingredients to this happy shake a friend of mine told me about. It helps when you're not feeling good, makes you feel happier he said so I will try it out. So far I noticed at least it helps me for getting all my necessary vitamins. If it will make me happier I am not sure but it's healthy so why not try it?

My parents came over to the city to have dinner with me at my favorite restaurant and that was the best part of the day because I could forget about all the worries I had during the day. The dinner was delicious as always and we decided to do this every year from now on.

Yesterday I went shopping with my mom for some food and drinks for the party on Saturday. Really sweet of her to drive me there and help me. For party-shopping you really need a car, that's for sure. I started making some salmiakki in the evening and this morning I noticed most of the licorice has been solved already, so that will be done in time. Today I will start baking brownies and cheesecake already and of course will work on my thesis.

So that's about it for today I guess. I will try to do as much as I can without freaking out and try to also get some rest in between. I really noticed I did not rest enough the last few weeks and I still need it. So I will think of my old therapy-sessions and take rest in between each activity from now on.



No comments:

Post a Comment