Haven't been online for a while, but that's just because my life was so amazing this last week. On Thursday I traveled back to my home, after sleeping about three hours. Totally exhausted but happy! I took a long hot bath and then prepared for the show. You know, putting on the high heels so I can see what happens on stage, putting on some make-up and deciding on clothes. The last part was not that hard as my friend and I planned to wear the Live in Finland shirt I made this summer. That was scoring pretty much from the beginning, got some nice comments from some of the band- and crewmembers.
After the show I waited for two of my friends who run the fanclub and had backstage passes. Well they came back pretty soon, apparently I was on the guestlist as well so I had no problems getting there as well. Would be nice next time if someone tells me before I start feeling sad they forgot about me haha. The sad feeling was gone pretty quickly and we had some nice talks again. Also the band signed some fanclub magazines so they are up for the next fanclub competition I guess.
Next day was the show in Tilburg. I had three people staying at my place because I live closest to the venue and we had a nice brunch at Bagels&Beans. Before that I did some yoga with one of my friends and the other two watched. I need to keep up with exercising of course! Then had a quick-ish shower and prepared for the show, packed my bag and off we went to Tilburg. The hotel was easy to find, nice room, we had all the girls upstairs and started doing make-up. Went to the venue at five to pick up the AAA-passes for the show and had a very unhealthy dinner at Mc Donalds.
We went into the venue with our special passes so we could dump our coats and then got appointed our own dressing room(!) I felt like a VIP, getting our own dressing room, being given drinks and told where everything was by the band. The world is turning upside down.
The show was great and I was so happy to see so many friends around! I am sad one of my friends could not get to the front due to some old guy who was very mean about her trying to get in front of him, although he was much taller and could have seen everything just as well. My sister was way more in the back because she was late(r) but we waved and texted instead.
The Battle Beast show was good, I love this support act. The singer had a bad throat but managed to still sing great, although with a bit less volume. I like her a lot, she is so sweet. We had a few talks later on. Sonata played well again and made lots of jokes, especially during Talullah, which I normally dislike but being played like this it is awesome. Tommy and Marko were joking all the time and they looked quite relaxed.
After the show we went downstairs again to say goodbye, but I got offered a ride on the tourbus and went with them to Bochum instead! Never thought something like this would ever happen to me, I must be the luckiest girl on the planet! I had a blast with them although not much sleep, and we spent the off day together as well hanging out and having dinner. In the evening we went to the Europe concert in the Matrix in Bochum and had some fun afterwards upstairs in the RockPalast, the bar where they play the best rock and metal in this club.
Next day I was even more tired but managed to work a bit on my thesis while the band was sleeping backstage. I spent my afternoon in the area where food was served and took a walk later with a Dutch girl I met over there. One of my friends came over from the Netherlands and we hung out the rest of the day before the show began.
This show was good as well, although I could tell most of them had a hangover. It got better in the end and even after so many shows I still love the setlist. Stayed until five in the morning at venue to have some nice conversation and then drove home with this Dutch girl. She dropped me off at my place and I really hope she made it home safely afterwards. I can't get in contact with her so I am not sure, but I really hope so, she was so sweet to me when I needed some support.
On Monday morning I arrived home around 7.30 and went straight to bed. Slept until about 12 and did my yoga. Then went to bed again at 19.00 and slept for seven hours straight! This did not happen for me for months so I was really glad. No waking up many times and not feeling well-rested. I woke up around 2.30 in the night and watched the other part of Outer Limits I started the evening before. Then fell asleep again 30 minutes later and slept another seven hours. Now I am well-rested and doing my laundry because tomorrow I will be going to Paris for another show. One of my friends is going there with her daughter and asked if I wanted to come along as well. Even my dad encouraged me to do it, so I bought a trainticket this afternoon and hope I will have as much fun as before. I am thinking of going to Disneyland the day after the show, simply because it is close by and I did not go there for a long time. Will see how I feel or if it is better to travel home instead.
Now I only need to iron some clothes, dry some of them still and then pack everything, this time only for two days. On Friday I have my regular sewing class and on Saturday I am off to Germany once more to go to my ex-boyfriend's birthday party. I think it will be fun to see him and his friends again, and I am sure it will be a hell of a party, as usual!
No comments:
Post a Comment